Plugged In: Connected Education for Teachers
How Twitter can transform your teaching both in and out of the classroom.
Plugged In is a free online, self-pacing, video course that makes you an expert at Twitter and other tools that help you leverage the ability of the world's most powerful free professional development tool. Educators learn how to improve their practice from anywhere at anytime.
Earn 3 semester hours
If you need hours from an accredited college, to renew your license or increase your salary, learn how to register with an accredited college in the Overview section, once inside the course.
"Mark makes technology come alive for teachers in an easy to understand, precise, and professional way. He has an innate ability to guide teachers into the world of technology, even those with little or no computer background. His patient and positive manner gave me the support I needed. Now my students and their parents are the beneficiaries."
--Noralee Starr, teacher Riverside School District
- How to engage with like-minded educators, who are eager to share their best practices
- How to archive information you find on Twitter
- How to participate in live Twitter chats
- How to find thousands of experts to follow on Twitter
- How to set up a classroom Twitter account
- How to teach students to use Twitter safely
- Much more
"What a wonderful course! I soon realized that even though my computer knowledge was very limited, I could learn rapidly through Mark Barnes’ step-by-step online instruction and support."
--Wendy Carson, Teacher Cleveland Metropolitan Schools
Inside the course
- 3 projects with tons of content, produced by a leading Twitter authority and renowned education author
- Brief, easy-to-follow how-to videos
- Step-by-step written instructions
- A shared space to collaborate with other participants and with @markbarnes19
- An opportunity for 3 semester hours of credit from a nationally-accredited college
- Access to other courses and webinars from the Hack Learning Academy
- Bonus material
Start your free course now
Just click the Let Me In button above, on the right, and you can start immediately, or at your earliest convenience